At J Kis Migration, we pride ourselves on providing the highest level of service, while remaining cost effective. By utilising our full application assistance, we do all the work for you, including the completion and checking of all forms, compiling of documents and liaison with the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA), until a decision is made on your application.
The purpose of this visa is to allow people to travel to Australia for tourism or business purposes, or to visit family, on a temporary basis.
As the visa applicant, you must:
- Genuinely intend to visit Australia for a holiday, to see family and/or friends, or for other purposes that are not related to work or medical treatment
- Have access to sufficient funds to cover your costs whilst you are in Australia
- Meet the relevant health and character criteria (this could include a requirement to obtain health insurance for the period of your stay in Australia)
Should your application be approved, you will be granted a temporary visa, allowing you to travel to Australia on a short-term basis. Depending upon your particular circumstances, you will be granted either a single entry visa (allowing you to enter Australia once, for a specified length of time) or multiple entry visa (allowing you to enter Australia multiple times for short periods whilst your visa is valid e.g. stays of up to 3 months at a time over a 12-month period).
NOTE: If you are the parent of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you may be granted an extended Visitor visa, which could be valid for up to 5 years.
If you are eligible for this extended visa, you will be allowed to stay in Australia for up to 12 consecutive months per visit (though there is an added restriction that you must spend no more than 12 months in Australia in any given 18-month period). In addition, you must have health insurance covering the entire period of your stay in Australia, and you will not be permitted to apply for another visa whilst in Australia.
There are several conditions that apply to Visitor visas. In particular, visa holders must not:
- Work or provide services to any business/organisation in Australia, or sell goods or services to the public whilst in Australia (unpaid genuine volunteer work may be permitted)
- Study for more than three months in Australia
To have one of leading migration agents assess your eligibility for an Australian Visitor Visa please contact us