The purpose of the student visa is to allow international students to undertake full-time study in Australia. This visa enables a student to stay in Australia for the duration of the relevant course. The student must enrol with an Australian education provider before lodging a visa application.
As the visa applicant, you must:
- Enrol with an Australian education provider as a full-time student, and obtain written confirmation of this enrolment
- Genuinely intend to complete the relevant period of study in Australia
- Have the required level of English language proficiency
- Have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the period of your intended stay in Australia
- Have access to sufficient funds to cover your return airfares, tuition fees and the cost of living in Australia, as well as costs required for any dependents included in your application.
The exact amount of funds and English language proficiency a student requires is set by the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA), and is determined by your chosen course of study, education provider and other personal circumstances.
To have one of leading migration agents assess your eligibility for an Australian Student Visa please contact us
Once eligibility is determined, we walk you through the entire process one step at a time, until a decision is made on your student visa application.