This is a visa for permanent residency in Australia for skilled workers who want to work in regional Australia. This visa is often referred to as an RSMS visa or RSMS 187. It allows you to work in Australia under one of three streams:
- the Temporary Residence Transition stream
- the Direct Entry stream
- the Agreement stream.
The RSMS visa requirements are:
- have been nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia (regional Australia does not include the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong or Melbourne)
- are younger than 50 years of age, unless you are exempt
- meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements, unless you are exempt
- apply under the stream for which you were nominated.
The RSMS Australia program is for immigration to Australia for permanent residency. You can be in or outside Australia when you apply. If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B or C.
The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years, while holding a subclass 457 visa, in the same occupation with their nominating employer (who has lodged a valid nomination with us under the Temporary Residence Transition stream), who wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation.
The Direct Entry stream is for:
- People who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream
- people who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia
- temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream; or
The Agreement stream is for people nominated by an employer through a labour agreement.
If you would like our Australian migration agent to assist you with your RSMS sponsorship to Australia, or determine your eligibility an alternative visa, please contact us